Cel-fi Mobile Network Reepeator
The Cel-Fi mobile repeater was designed to amplify and disburse a 3G mobile signal within a building without causing any interference to the mobile network. The Cel-Fi is locked to the carrier and will only amplify a signal in that carriers set frequency range.
A typical setup involves placing the Window unit in an area within the building that gets the best possible mobile signal. This would usually be an upstairs window or a window at one end of the house. The Coverage Unit is then placed within the main area of the house, or in an area that provides the best indoor signal dispersion.
If your home or business has low mobile phone coverage, Total Solutions IT can install a Cel-Fi repeater to help give you a solid connection. For businesses, this can mean greatly increased productivity for remote locations who are dependent on mobile communication. For domestic users, it can mean faster data speeds, and more stable voice calls. We understand that in Albury, Wodonga, and other surrounding areas, mobile phone coverage can be seriously inadequate. Our 3G repeater solution will help you improve your mobile communications.
How Cell-Fi Works
The Cel-Fi exists between you and the mobile service towers provided by Telstra. In areas where coverage is not great, often house walls will block data and voice through the 3G network. The Cel-Fi system connects to the cell towers from one stationary location, which means that the signal will not drop out. Phones can then connect to the Cel-Fi repeater from anywhere in the building and enjoy full coverage.
A Cel-Fi system consists of two components:
- The Window Unit: Communicates with the mobile base station, amplifies the signal and passes it to the Coverage Unit via a wireless link.
- The Coverage Unit: Is responsible for disbursing the mobile signal within the building to multiple mobile devices.
Installation is as simple as installing the window unit in an area of the building that gets the best possible reception.
The coverage unit is then placed in the main area of the building – usually the living room in domestic situations, or the main office in business buildings.
Benefits of Using Cel-Fi Repeators
- Instant Mobile Coverage: Use your mobile when you need it. Clear and reliable 3G voice and internet.
- Large Coverage Area: Ideal for an office or average size home, Cel-Fi has one of the largest coverage areas of any consumer repeater.
- Multiple Users: High capacity signal booster with more than enough coverage for an average size home or office.
- All Wireless: The Window Unit and the Coverage Unit connect wirelessly, which makes setup quick and easy.
- Easy Setup: Cel-Fi signal booster automatically configures itself according to your environment making for a quick and easy setup.
- Saves Phone Battery: In low-coverage situations, your mobile phone uses extra battery power to attempt to boost the poor signal. Using a Cel-Fi system means that your phone doesn’t have to do any extra work to ensure that you have stable phone coverage.
- Increased Mobile Data Speeds: Slow internet speeds on your phone are often caused by low signal. The Cel-Fi system boosts your data speeds dramatically.
- Improved Voice Quality: With full signal strength in your building, phone calls will be crystal clear.
- Lower Radiation: Mobile devices emit more radiation when working hard to maintain a signal. By increasing indoor signal strength, your phone won’t be running at maximum power.