Backups are the first rule for maintaining system security. No system should ever operate without at least an on-site backup on external media. There are many threats to the integrity and availability of your data:
- Accidental deletion of files
- Insecure passwords
- Natural disaster
- Hard drive failure
- System crash
- Targeted attacks
- 'Acts of God'
- Other hardware failure
- File corruption
Total Solutions IT takes backups very seriously. That's why we offer a number of solutions to ensure that your systems and business-critical data can be recovered in the event of a failure.
Our Backup & Recovery Solutions
Windows Server Backup is included with your Windows Server installation. It is the lowest-cost backup solution that we implement, as there are no additional costs other than management and setup. It offers a number of basic backup features:
- Scheduled backups
- Fine-grained file choosing
- Integrated backup of hosted Hyper-V Servers (snapshots)
- System state backups
There are a few downsides to using Windows Server Backup:
- Can only be recovered to the same hardware in the event of a total failure.
- Only limited support for off-site shared storage.
- Not available for older versions of Windows Server.
StorageCraft ShadowProtect is the next level of on-site backup that we offer. It captures full, differential and incremental backups of your entire system, including the entire operating system, applications, configuration settings, and files.
ShadowProtect enables some great recovery features:
- Hardware Independent Restore (HIR): Recover an entire system state to a different hardware architecture or virtual machine. This means that if a server's hardware irretrievably fails, we can deploy a state backup of the server to another machine and recover your business processes in hours.
- Alternate Boot: We can boot a server snapshot as a virtual machine any time, meaning that if major server maintenance is happening, we can ensure immediate failover.
- Backup Verification: Eliminates the need for us to verify backups regularly. ShadowProtect automatically validates backups as they are completed.
- Super-fast recovery: Saves you money and time by getting your business processes backup to speed quicker than any of our other solutions.
- Off-Site Replication: Improve the security and integrity of your backups by implementing off-site replication.
MozyPro is our preferred cloud-based backup solution for your business. Available for both desktops and servers, it ensures peace of mind that your data is stored and archived in the cloud, ready for when you need it restored. We often deploy Mozy in conjunction with Windows Server Backup or ShadowProtect to supplement the backups with a file history and archive that is stored in the cloud. Essential for business-critical data that absolutely cannot be lost.
- Scheduling: Can be run daily, weekly, or monthly - depending on your backup reqirements.
- Multi-Platform: MozyPro works with Windows, Macintosh OS X and Linux desktops, as well as servers. Additional powerful options are available for server environments.
- 'Set and Forget': Once configured, there is nothing much that we need to do to ensure your files are being backed up. Mozy automatically backs up new and changed files, and even currently-open files that are being worked on. Even Outlook mail files.
- Bandwidth Capping: If your site has limited uploads and downloads, we can restrict MozyPro to work within those limits.
- Additional Server Options: Backs up databases, Exchange settings and mailboxes, Linux, SharePoint, NAS , and common business applications on Windows Server.
- Peace of Mind: You can rest easy knowing that your systems are protected by proven technology.
- Unobtrusive: Our backup solutions are designed to not get in your way, and protect your data in the background.
- Predictable Costs: Both ShadowProtect and MozyPro are fixed-fee services. Windows Server Backup is included in your Windows Server installation.
- Reduced Costs: In the event of a system failure, or significant data loss, having good backups can reduce the restoration costs and, most importantly, keep your business flowing.
- Remote Monitoring: Our server maintenance package means that we will periodically monitor the status and success of your backup system.
- Fast Response: In the event of data loss, your backup solution will have you covered and back online quickly.