Date: September 2020
1.1 In order to ensure you do not experience any interruption or loss of services associated with your Eligible Domain Name (as defined in clause 1.2), we will provide an automatic renewal function Eligible Domain Names.
1.2 This policy applies to any domain name which is:
- a .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .mobi, .asia, .co, .nz (excluding .kiwi.nz), .us, .co.uk or .au domain name registered with Total Solutions IT Pty Ltd trading as Total Solutions IT as registrar of record and New gTLD spaces found on this page https://totalsolutionsit.com/policys/ (excluding premium names); and
- linked to an account which has valid credit card details on file,
referred to as an (“Eligible Domain Name”). All Eligible Domain Names will be opted-in for auto-renewal (either directly by you or by us in accordance with this policy) upon email confirmation being sent by us.
1.3 ALL ELIGIBLE DOMAIN NAMES WILL BE AUTO-RENEWED FOR FURTHER REGISTRATION PERIODS (AS SPECIFIED IN CLAUSE 2.2.) PRIOR TO EXPIRY, UNLESS OTHERWISE OPTED-OUT OF AUTO-RENEWAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY. IF ANY DOMAIN NAME IS OPTED-OUT OF AUTO-RENEWAL, AND YOU FAIL TO MANUALLY RENEW THAT DOMAIN NAME, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE AN INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THAT DOMAIN NAME WHICH MAY ALSO BE CANCELLED OR REGISTERED BY A THIRD PARTY. YOU MAY REVIEW THE RENEWAL SETTINGS APPLICABLE TO YOUR DOMAIN NAMES BY LOGGING INTO YOUR CUSTOMER INTERFACE.
2. Terms and Payment
2.1 Auto-renewal of your Eligible Domain Name will be processed thirty (30) days prior to expiry, and payment will be taken from the most recently used, updated or valid credit card in your account details. The renewal fee charged will be based on (i) the applicable further registration period for your Eligible Domain Name (on a per-year basis); and (ii) our then-current prices as published online at https://totalsolutionsit.com (which you agree that this renewal fee may be higher or lower (on a per-year basis) than the previous fee paid for the preceding registration period).
2.2 Eligible Domain Names will be auto-renewed as follows:
- .au domain names – for a further two year period (being the .au registry determined minimum period);
- .com, .org, .net, .biz, .info, .mobi, .asia, .co, .nz (excluding .kiwi.nz), .us or .co.uk domain names – for a further:
- one year period where the previous registration period was either (A) one year, or (B) three years or more; or
- two year period where the previous registration period was two years.
2.3 We will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to process payment of the renewal fee, and may make numerous attempts to process payment via your credit card and ensure renewal. If for any reason we are unable to take full payment, and you do not promptly provide alternative payment details, your Eligible Domain Name will not be auto-renewed and you may experience interruptions or loss of services associated with that domain name which may expire or be registered by a third party.
2.4 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (I) YOU AUTHORISE MELBOURNE IT TO PROCESS THE PAYMENT OF THE RENEWAL FEE FOR YOUR ELIGIBLE DOMAIN NAME USING THE MOST RECENTLY USED, UPDATED OR VALID CREDIT CARD DETAILS IN YOUR ACCOUNT, (II) YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THESE CREDIT CARD DETAILS ARE CURRENT (INCLUDING EXPIRATION DATE), AND (III) MELBOURNE IT IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY WHATSOEVER IN RELATION TO THE NON-RENEWAL OF ANY DOMAIN NAME.
2.5 Domain name renewals are non-refundable. If we receive notice of a chargeback, reversal or payment dispute regarding any domain name we have auto-renewed for you, and you do not contact us immediately to provide alternative payment details, your domain name may be cancelled for non-payment.
3. Enrolment (Opt-in and Opt-Out)
3.1 Depending on when your domain name was registered with Total Solutions IT, this policy will apply as follows:
- Eligible Domain Names registered after 7 April 2013. Automatic renewal will apply for all domain spaces (excluding .au domain names except where you have selected auto-renewal), unless the Eligible Domain Name is otherwise opted-out.
- Eligible Domain Names registered before 7 April 2013. We will automatically opt-in all Eligible Domain Names for automatic renewal. You may choose to opt-out such Eligible Domain Names if you wish.
- All other domain names registered with Total Solutions IT. You may choose to opt-in your .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .mobi, .asia, .co, .nz (excluding .kiwi.nz), .us, .co.uk or .au domain name for auto-renewal, or otherwise continue to manually renew it.
3.2 You can manage the auto-renewal status of any .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .mobi, .asia, .co, .nz (excluding .kiwi.nz), .us, .co.uk or .au domain name by logging into the customer interface, including renewal for longer periods than we auto-renew for under this policy. Please note that (a) any opt-in of a domain name must occur no later than eight (8) days in advance of expiry, and (b) any opt-out of a domain name must occur prior to the successful processing of the auto-renewal event (see clause 2.1).
We will confirm any instructions to opt-in or opt-out via email. If we are unable to process payment of the renewal fee for your Eligible Domain Name in accordance with this policy, your Eligible Domain Name will be opted-out of automatic renewal and we will send manual renewal and expiry notices to you via email. You are solely responsible for actioning and arranging renewal of any such domain name.
5. Additional Services or Products
If you signed up for our Private Registration services with your Eligible Domain Name, this service will automatically be renewed when your Eligible Domain Name is up for auto-renewal, and you will incur the applicable additional renewal fee for this service unless you cancel in advance.
6. Other Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions and policies applicable to your domain name registration (and where applicable, the Private Registration service) as located at https://totalsolutionsit.com/policys/ shall continue to apply. If there is conflict between this policy and any specific term contained in those applicable terms and conditions and policies, this policy shall prevail in respect of such conflict only.
7. Warranties and Disclaimers
You represent and warrant to us that you are (i) the registrant / license holder, or (ii) fully authorised to act on behalf of the company or legal individual who is the registrant / license holder, of any domain name in held under your account.
We may vary the terms of this policy at any time by a general notice on a page of the Internet referred to on the home page of the Melbourne IT web site located at https://totalsolutionsit.com/policys/. Changes will become effective upon publication of the notice, and should your domain name remain opted-in for auto-renewal following publication of any change in accordance with this clause 8, this will constitute acceptance of the amended policy.